mardi 3 février 2015

Zayawaddy (part 3)

 Here's Chandan, hauling freshly cut bamboo to build us roofed meditation stands, He doesn't stop for a minute which explains his blurred silhouette in the photo.

They built a total of three bamboo meditation stations within a week. The roofs were later covered with dried fern strips(see in a few pics below).

 These are my two teachers:
Slo and Stedy!


 U Indapala (A Vietnamese friend) who shares the same taste in fashion.:) 
It doesn't show in this picture but he's really very funny.
Can you see the fern roof? Very nice for shade.

Stepping into Beauty! ;)


Hello friends!

So, I have survived my first year as a monk! It was quite an intense ride. Full of wonderful discoveries, mysterious health issues, scorpions, snakes and mosquitoes... also meeting many new beautiful friends, travelling, pilgrims, oily food(Myanmar style), silent retreats and much, much more... 

But out of all these experiences, what seems most worthy of mention is the understanding that has grown about myself(that is: this mind, this body and their relationship). If your wondering what I'm doing here in Myanmar... that is it. Observing this mind, this body all the time (well, almost all the time). What might seem obvious but that is of increasing interest and value to me is that by gaining understanding on how this mind-body works, I get to understand other people much better and nature as well. Really, this whole meditation business seems much more like a scientific experiment (on oneself by oneself) then a religious or spiritual endeavor. And for now, it seems to bring Peace, Freedom and Happiness in the mind.  Not too bad of a deal:)

So, as you might be able to guess at this point, I`m very happy with this lifestyle. I've never met so many people (which is surprising for the life of a recluse) and I feel more then ever that this human life is very meaningful and full of potential. I will definitely continue wearing these maroon robes for a while whether it`s in Asia or in the West...or both:) Who knows...it all depends on conditions!

Most importantly, I would like to thank all of you who have encouraged and supported me in this extraordinary voyage into self-discovery. I feel immense gratitude to all of my friends in Montreal, Moncton and everywhere on the globe, also to my meditation teachers(especially Pascal Auclair who encouraged me to fly over here). Thank you to my father who sends me words made of gold and dipped in love, to my mother who sends me letters the size of small books, thank you to my sister who`s heart is filled with loving kindness and hands always ready to help,  and all the family members who have inspired me and given me support). It is largely because of your generosity and friendship that I am here today. Really. every thought and gesture makes a difference!    
Thank you!!   Merci!    Jaizu daibadai! 

A guy with a happy heart!

Viveka (Christian)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire