lundi 20 juillet 2015

Kalaw 2

Dear friends,

I'm back in Kalaw the coolest place in Myanmar, litteraly. It's a nice change from the very humid and hot climate of Yangon where I stayed for the last 4 months.  I've been in these beautiful Kalaw mountains for about two weeks now and will spend Vassa(3 months rains retreat) here at the Mahasi meditation center.

It's been 19 months since I took the robes. I'm constently learning about the monk lifestyle , rules and practice(s) of meditation. The Buddhist tradition is very old(2600 years) and very rich. There is enough to explore both in theory and practice for many lifetimes...  But I keep it simple. Sticking to the basics and ajusting with what seems most helpful in the moment... in this life!

As I have probbaly already said on this blog, the people in Kalaw are amazingly generous. Sayamaji(a retired shcool principal) comes on her scooter to deliver a home cooked meal everyday at the door of my hut. We talk about meditation practice and Buddha's teachings and then she asks if I need anything else (soap, blankets...) and then leaves with a big smile on her face.

In this meditation center, there are about 20 nuns and 6 monks. It's built on a mountain side in a staircase fashion. The views are beautiful, the air is fresh and flowers and trees are very diverse and lush. Every morning we go on alms round(collecting food in our bowls) down in the valley for about 1 hour and a half. The sloped roads and paths insure that we get our daily exercise. So pysical heatlh is good and mental health as well.

May you all be healthy in mind and body
and live a meaningful, fulfilling life!
Be good(to yourself and others;))!
I'll do the same on this side of the world:)

Viveka
:)

Ps. The internet connection is extremely slow that's why I couldn't post pictures. I will try in the coming days...


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire